THE ORIGIN OF THE STORY
Day 1 + 2
- A project is created on the server. Often with the working title of the film.
- The raw video footage is loaded and, if necessary, synchronized with the audio.
- The discs now receive their own timeline. They are sent to the director for spotting. The editor also spots the footage himself.
DAY 3 TO 5
FIRST FILM STRUCTURE
- The editor and director discuss the set-up of the film.
- The spotted footage is cut into different scenes. Which scenes contribute to the story and which scenes do not (yet)? IMPORTANT! What is the first shot or scene? Where does the movie end?
Day 6 to 8
Rough scenes are placed in the right order. The movie is still way too long. Which shots, which scenes work and which don’t? Scenes are shortened, shots and scenes switched, deleted and added. Rhythm and atmosphere are already somewhat determined. Possibly, there is already editing with music.
The first version is sent to the broadcaster/customer for comments.
Day 9 to 17
THE ART OF OMISSION
- Scenes are viewed again, discussed, shot or added, removed and shortened or extended where necessary. The movie now becomes shorter. The story takes on rhythm, form and content.
- Design is carefully added. Music gets more attention.
- Version 15 is sent to broadcaster/customer for comment.
Day 18 to 20
- The final version is created after consultation with those directly involved. The rough final editing is locked. Nothing more will be done about it. Audio goes to the Audio Mixer. A specialist corrects the colors.
- The audio mix, subtitles and color correction are added to the edit. The documentary is ready and will be supplied by the editor in the correct format.
Get in touch
Would you like to exchange ideas about what I can do for your film or documentary? Then contact me!
Registration number: 24241656
Made possible by BOOSTBrands
Terms of condition